Deck and Engine offices are training in State Marine Academies or State Marine Colleges 5-6 years. There are not any private Marine Education centres in Russia.
Marine Academy/Marine University/Marine colledges:
- Maritime State University named after G.I. Nevelskoy, Vladivostok
- Fareastern State Technical Fisheries University, Vladivostok
- Vladivostok Maritime Colledge, Vladivostok
- Vladivostok Maritime Fisheries Colledge, Vladivostok
- Fareastern Marine School, Nakhodka
- Pacific Naval Institute
- Admiral Ushakov Maritime State Academy, Novorossiysk
- Admiral Makarov State Maritime Academy, St. Petersburg
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Higher Marine School, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy
- Baltic State Academy of Fishery Fleet, Kaliningrad
- St. Petersburg State University for Waterway Communications, St. Petersburg
- Volga State Academy of Water Transport, Nizhniy Novgorod
- Novosibirsk State Academy of Water Transport, Novosibirsk
Marine Colleges are also located in St. Petersburg, Murmansk, Rostov-on-Don, Arkhangelsk, Astrakhan, Saratov, Nizhnyy Novgorod, and other cities in Russia.
Duration of training cadets at navigational department is 6 years, at engine department 5 years. All training programs are comply to IMO, STCW'95 requirements. Bridge and engine modern equipment and simulators, computerized training facilities are installed at all Russian National Marine Academies, Universities and Colleges. This equipment, facilities are being continuously updated.